It’s October, and that means it’s time to get out the vote! We’ll be spending these last few weeks of the campaign talking to voters nonstop and turning them out to the polls, so it’s all hands on deck to make sure we pull this off in November.
There’s a lot you can do to help us cross the finish line, from direct voter contact, to using social media, to voter protection — every action makes a difference, so what are you waiting for? Let’s GOTV!
First, sign up for a GOTV training for a more comprehensive overview of all of our GOTV efforts this year!
Talk to Voters!
- Join passionate volunteers from across the state in making calls at our GOTV hub, Fort Hope! This is the best way we can reach voters and convince them to turn out — sign up for a Dialer Phone Bank or a Virtual Phone Bank here!
- Alternatively, if you’re looking to help text out the vote, sign up for a Virtual Text Bank!
- Hearing from friends or family is often way more effective than hearing from the campaign directly — if you want to join the relational organizing team and learn how to use our relational app, Reach, sign up for a Digital Power Hour!
Protect the Vote!
- The SCDP Voter Protection Unit is working hard to make sure that every vote gets counted this year — volunteer with them here! You can sign up to be a poll watcher, a county liaison, a boiler room worker, and more!
- Work the SCDP Voter Protection Hotline to help troubleshoot voting issues and answer important voting questions. Sign up for a Monday VoPro Training or a Wednesday VoPro Training!
- Help make sure that every voter has access to the polls by signing up to provide rides to the polls! Wherever you are in the state, we need your help!
Flood the Internet!
- Commit your support for Jaime by filling out a virtual pledge to vote card! You’ll get a fun graphic to share on social media and show off your #TeamJaime pride!
- Check out our Digital Toolkit for a fun Plan to Vote graphic that you can share on your Instagram story!
- Make sure you’re getting everyone you know to vote and vote early this year — share voter education information on your social media, share your voting plan or pictures from when you vote, and tag friends and family to keep them accountable!
Voting in South Carolina
If you’re a South Carolina voter and you haven’t voted yet, make a plan to vote! You have three options this year:
Voting on Election Day: If you’re voting on Nov. 3rd, don’t forget a valid photo ID, make sure to wear a mask and any other protective gear you need, and vote!
Voting absentee in-person: If you’re voting absentee in-person, find your early voting location, bring a valid photo ID & a mask, and vote!
Voting absentee by mail: If you’re voting absentee by mail, start by requesting a mail-in ballot application. When it arrives, complete it & return it. When your ballot arrives, complete that (don’t forget a witness signature!) and send it back to your county voter registration office by mail or drop it off in-person.
If you have any questions or issues, go to Vote Blue SC or call the SCDP Voter Protection Hotline at 1-855-785-0222.