Columbia, S.C. — Despite his attempt to mislead South Carolina voters on his abysmal healthcare record at tonight’s forum, Sen. Lindsey Graham is actively threatening protections for people with pre-existing conditions:
- Sen. Graham spearheaded legislation, “Graham-Cassidy,” that would have cut health insurance for 21 million Americans and could have allowed insurance companies to raise premiums on patients with pre-existing conditions once again.
- Sen. Graham has promised to repeal the ACA if he has enough support in Congress — even without a guarantee of a plan to replace its protections for pre-existing conditions.
- Sen. Graham has stood by — even in the face of COVID-19, which itself could be considered a pre-existing condition — as a Republican-backed lawsuit to strike down the ACA marches forward.
- Just last week, Sen. Graham skipped a vote to defend the ACA’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions.
- Sen. Graham has consistently sought to repeal the Affordable Care Act — the only national law that protects people with pre-existing conditions from being denied health coverage or discriminated against by insurance companies